PLAN 11th escort fleet in Israel arrived in Israel's Haifa Port
11th Chinese naval escort taskforce arrives in Israel for visit
By Chen Dianhong and Mi Jinguo (PLA Daily)
08:07, August 15, 2012
The "Qingdao" guided missile destroyer, "Yantai" guided missile frigate and "Weishan Lake" comprehensive supply ship of the 11th Chinese naval escort taskforce under the Navy of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) arrived at the Haifa Port in Haifa City on August 13, 2012 for a four-day-long friendly visit to Israel. This is the first time for Chinese naval ships to visit Israel.
The Chinese naval escort taskforce berthed at the Haifa Port at 10:00, local time, while the Israeli Navy held a grand welcome ceremony at the pier.
After the ceremony, the personnel of the Chinese Embassy in Israel, representatives of Chinese nationals and overseas Chinese as well as media reporters boarded the three ships for visit.
During the next few days of the visit, the naval officers and men from both China and Israel will carry out a number of exchange activities, and the Chinese naval escort taskforce will hold a reception on the deck of the "Qingdao" warship.
Haifa City, covering an area of 854 square kilometers, is the largest port city and the most important industrial city in Israel. The Haifa Port is located on the northern end of the west coast in Israel, and borders the east side of the Mediterranean.
Israel is the last stop of the 11th Chinese naval escort taskforce's tour of visits. After their visit to Turkey, the "Qingdao" guided missile destroyer and "Weishan Lake" comprehensive supply ship met with the "Yantai" warship, which had finished its visit to Bulgaria, in the Mediterranean. The three ships formed the taskforce for this friendly visit to Israel.
Plan 11th Escort Fleet In Israel
- Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic
- +Senior Moderator
- 9,537 posts
Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:31 PM
- All great ideas are simple. The trick is to see them before others.
- Vegre nem butulok tovabb (Finally I am becoming stupider no more) -the epitaph Paul Erdos wrote for himself
- "speak softly, but carry a big stick" - Chinese proverb
- History shows that there are no invincible armies and that there never have been- Stalin
- "Why does shame and self-loathing become cruelty to the innocent?"- Anne Rice
- “In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.” Hunter S Thompson
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Reply to quoted posts Clear