Airstrikes kill 15 militants in Orakzai Agency: Officials
Published: July 22, 2012
KALAYA: Pakistani military jets struck militant hideouts in Orakzai Agency on Sunday, killing 15 militants and wounding several others, military officials said.
The airstrikes targeted four hideouts in the remote Ghaljo and Dabori areas of the Orakzai tribal region, the officials said. The locations were being used by members of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan.
The death toll could not be independently verified and militants often dispute official figures.
The Pakistan military has been conducting operations against militants in Orakzai for months.
Several militant groups are active in Pakistan’s northwestern semi-autonomous tribal regions, near the border with Afghanistan, including the Pakistan Taliban, responsible for many of the bombings across the country in recent years.
- Pakistani Defence Forum
- → Pakistan's National Security
- → Pakistani Military & Strategic Discussion Forum
Airstrikes Kill 15 Militants In Orakzai Agency: Officials
- Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic
- +Senior Moderator
- 9,570 posts
Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:01 PM
- All great ideas are simple. The trick is to see them before others.
- Vegre nem butulok tovabb (Finally I am becoming stupider no more) -the epitaph Paul Erdos wrote for himself
- "speak softly, but carry a big stick" - Chinese proverb
- History shows that there are no invincible armies and that there never have been- Stalin
- "Why does shame and self-loathing become cruelty to the innocent?"- Anne Rice
- “In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.” Hunter S Thompson
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Reply to quoted posts Clear