Russia Looking At China S-400 Deliveries In 2017
- Please log in to reply
- +Senior Moderator
- 9,537 posts
Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:30 AM
© RIA Novosti. Artem Jitenev
ZHUKOVSKY (Moscow region), June 27 (RIA Novosti)
Russia will start exports of the S-400 Triumph air defense missile systems to China no earlier than 2017, a source in the defense industry told RIA Novosti on the condition of anonymity.
“An export version of the S-400 Triumph air defense missile will have been developed by 2017 with the Chinese to be the first clients,” the source said.
Russia currently has four S-400 regiments - two in the Moscow region, one in the Baltic Fleet and one in the Eastern Military District.
By 2020, Russia is to have 28 S-400 regiments, each comprised of two battalions, mainly in maritime and border areas.
In early June, Russian Defense Ministry said there were no plans to export the S-400, which will be produced only for the Russian Armed Forces.
The S-400 Triumph, which succeeds the Soviet-era S-300, is a medium- to long-range surface-to-air missile system that can effectively engage any aerial target, including aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles, and cruise and ballistic missiles at up to 400 kilometers and an altitude of up to 30 kilometers.
- All great ideas are simple. The trick is to see them before others.
- Vegre nem butulok tovabb (Finally I am becoming stupider no more) -the epitaph Paul Erdos wrote for himself
- "speak softly, but carry a big stick" - Chinese proverb
- History shows that there are no invincible armies and that there never have been- Stalin
- "Why does shame and self-loathing become cruelty to the innocent?"- Anne Rice
- “In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.” Hunter S Thompson
- Senior Members
- 2,851 posts
- Location:shanghai, china
Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:38 AM
It is very very unlikely that this would happen even if the Russians were able to deliver the missiles TODAY。
做 事 不 能 太 BBC
- 970 posts
- Gender:Not Telling
Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:58 AM
Why Russian made air defences? Is China not producing or is researching into a homemade equivalent?
Pakistani GDP 2011: $211 Billion
GDP Growth 2011-2012: 3.7% (Estimate)
GDP Ranking: 47th (15th In Asia)
Pakistani Trade 2010-2011: $65.22 Billion
Trade With Neighbours: $16.7 Billion
China ($10B) | India ($2.7B) | Afghanistan ($2.5B) | Iran ($1.5B)
Trade With US/EU: $16.38 Billion
Trade with GCC: $16 Billion
Pakistani Mobile Phone Subscriptions: 118 million (2012)
Pakistani Internet Connections: 22 million (2012)
- Senior Members
- 4,493 posts
Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:01 AM
Sounds like another SU-35 Russkie joke to me.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users