- 2 akula II subs - These can give Pakistani navy a threat
- 1 Charlie 1 submarine- These are the arliest Russian subs, no threat
- 10 Kilo Class Subs- Not a thrat to the new Agosta-90B but it's numbers might be an issue
- 2 foxtrots- 60's era subs
- 4 other old Russian desiel subs
- 3 Delhi class destroyers- top end ships will cause a threat
- 3 Krivak 3 class DDG's- a good ship, no super threat, but a threat.
- 5 Kavin class DDG- obsolete Russian ships, they still carry Styx missiles!!!
- 4 Project 16 FFG's, nothing special, god ships but not mre advanced than anything we have
- 5 old british ships
7 missile boats which fire missiles
7 boats with a gun.....only a gun, they are getting decommisioned.
12 patrol boats
In conclusion.....the threat is from....
- 12 subs
- 6 destroyers
- 4 frigates
- 7 missile boats
which are buffered by 9 subs, 5 DDG's, 5 FFG's and 12 patrol boats, most of which are obselete technology. (apart from patrol boats which will not be used offensively anyway!!)
Now at this point i should add, that the indian navy is still large and still potent, but it's not the myth tht we have been portrayed to beleive.
In reply we have.....
- 6 Agosta -90B subs
- 2 agosta 70 subs
- 4 Daphne class submarines
- 6 Type 21 DDG's
- 2 leander class DDG's
- 4 F-22P FFG's
- 3 Taimur class firgates
- 4 osa 2 missile boats
- 4 jalalat class missle boats
- 2 Shanghai 2 class missile boats
out of which the real force is......
6 Type 21
7 Missile boats
23 vessels Vs indian 29 vessels.
They have 22 surplus crap, we have 11 extra crap, the cannon fodder vessels.
You see thier navy is not all that afterall.
Thier advantage is from the air......once we can counter SU-30MKI.....non issue.